Sunday, January 17, 2010

Adriano Zumbo Mini Chocolate Mousse Cake - limited edition



We weren't all lucky enough to have the chance to buy one of Adriano Zumbo's Chocolate Mousse cakes in last year's lottery.  Nor were some of us clever and competent enough to make our own (recipe from MasterChef here), though there were plenty of excellent attempts.

Fortunately, for this week only, Zumbo presents a mini chocolate mousse cake ($9.50 each) for our consumption and entertainment.  All the components of the original masterpiece are here in a more compact form.  The flavour of the chocolate mousse is incredibly intense yet light in texture.  The caramel is rich and gooey, and the apple filling is a refreshing counterpoint to the overall sweetness.

It's topped by a curl or two of white chocolate (sprayed with lime green food colour), and a hazelnut dipped in silver metallic dust. 

Head to Adriano Zumbo Patissier (296 Darling St, Balmain, NSW 2041. Ph: 02 9810 7318) for your own little piece of genius before the end of this week.


A work of Art!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! it looks like a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini mousse cake looks reasonably close to the original - quite an achievement and a lot more affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want them to bring out a dial-a-mousse-cake service. This looks just the right size for me to enjoy with myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on twitter that a mini mousse cake was coming out and I knew your blog was the place to see it! :P It looks awesome - and much more affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belle, what we do without you and your weekly Zumbo updates? I wait with baited breath to get a fix from you each week to tide me over until my next visit. I LOVE your blog! Please give your beautiful Tabitha a huge squeeze from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG OMG OMG!! I want some!!!! I'll have to devise a plan to get to Adriano's.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect size for NOT sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried this cake once before - but honestly wasn't sure what all the fuss was about... isn't that crazy? I might have to give it another go after hearing everyone rave about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that looks so sexy right there... I'm hoping to get myself a piece this wednesday. Were there alot of these babies in store? I'd so cry if I miss out on them because I'm going to drive about an hour for them..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic miniature! Thanks for the tip! Will try to get one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow!! all those components and ingredients in a mini version, that must take some real talent to make, not that we didnt already know that the Zumbo has talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you are the provider of all Zumbo cake gossip and knowledge! :D Love the pixelated first pic too :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow! thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. woah - Thanks for sharing. I'm soooo going to Zumbo this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin